Your Aspirations and Goals as a Human Being:
To love others the way Jesus loves me.
Your Experience, Education and Credentials:
- Graduate of West Texas A&M University | Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in Mass Communications | Advertising and Public Relations
- Graduate of Northwestern University’s Medill IMC Program | Institute of Advanced Advertising Studies
- Present Account Executive | National Sales | Slate Group
- Past Account Executive | McCormick Company
- Past Marketing and Sales Director | Blackburn Media Group
- Past Marketing Director | Paul Davis Restoration of Lubbock
- Member of the Lubbock Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Program
- Member of the Young Professionals of Lubbock
- Member of the American Marketing Association
What do you like to do when you’re not working?
My mom once told me when I became a mom myself, “The days are long, but the years are short.” It’s so true! My time spent away from work is filled with family and friends. I have an awesome husband, Patrick and two wonderful kids, Beckham and Sealy. Between baseball, gymnastics, soccer, church activities and time spent on my back porch entertaining family and friends, my life and heart are full.
Grace wins every time. -Matthew West
Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us:
I teach a cardio class at Bodyworks gym. It stretches me beyond my comfort zone, but it’s rewarding to see others’ successes and satisfying to conquer something so challenging.
Tell us three things most people don’t know about you:
- I got married in Vegas at a drive-thru window.
- I’m deathly afraid of roller coasters, but love to fly in a plane.
- I want to be a make-up artist when I grow up.
(Two out of three of these are true. Can you guess which one is false?)
Three words to best describe you:
Passionate, honest, faithful
Anything else you want to share (family, hobbies, whatever)
I seek to serve others and be a light wherever I go. I equally love to listen and love to talk. I am blessed.
What do you like most about Slate Group?
The culture, the vision, the people.
What do you like most about your role at Slate Group?
I’m at home in a creative space. I love the opportunity to be a problem solver, strategist and bring value to clients looking for a creative partner.
What drew you to Slate Group originally?
From the minute I walked in the door, something was intrinsically different about Slate Group. The atmosphere was inviting, and the people were genuinely interested and invested in what they were doing. I wanted to be a part of it.
What has been your favorite project at Slate Group?
My favorite projects so far have been those related to my alma mater, WTAMU. I’m looking forward to building relationships with future clients.